Looking after the personal information you share with us is important and we want to take this opportunity to tell you what we use and when, and how we keep it safe.
At AMP Events we collect personal data for the following reasons:
- To enable us to deliver the services you request such submitting an entry to the awards or book tickets for the event or request reular communications via our newsletter.
- To provide answers to your questions and deliver information that you have requested.
- For our internal record keeping.
- To talk to you about other similar services and products we offer that might be of interest to you.
- To ask you for your feedback.
To make it easier for you to read this information, below are a number of links that will take you directly to particular sections.
- Our Privacy Promise
- The information we collect
- Why we collect data
- How long do you hold onto my information?
- Use of children’s data
- Making changes to your personal information
- Who we share data with
- Google Analytics
- Who we are
- Your right to complain
- Changes we have made to our privacy promise
1. OUR PRIVACY PROMISE
Data Protection Laws instruct us to tell you very specific things. These are quite complicated and we will do our very best to explain them as simply as possible.
- The protection of your privacy and personal information is important to us. We make sure that not only do we have appropriate security measures in place, but that any other organisation we work with to provide a service also meets the same standard as us.
- We will respect your privacy. You should receive emails only from us, including those promoting the services of our commercial partners where you have indicated you are happy to receive them. We will make sure that any boxes you need to tick if you are happy to receive communications from us are presented clearly and at an appropriate time.
- We will make it clear at the point when we request your information, what we are collecting it for and how we are going to use it.
- We will collect and use your personal information only if we have your permission or we have sensible business reasons for doing so, such as collecting enough information to deliver the service you have requested.
- We will collect the smallest amount of information possible from you to deliver the services you have requested.
- We will be clear in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use it.
- Our websites are accessible via the internet. Please remember that anything you write on any of our sites that they can be read and accessed by anyone and everyone.
- If we, our service providers, or our commercial partners transfer any information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be done with the relevant legal instruments or permissions being in place.
2. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information on you:
- when you ask us to deliver a service;
- when you contact us for information;
- when you sign up for a newsletter;
- when you use the website or mobile app;
- through cookies; • if you choose to reveal information in postings;
- if you complete your details on research questionnaires;
- if you enter the awards
This information may include, but is not limited to the following information about you:
- your name (including your first names and surname;
- your email address;
- other details specific to a particular service or which may be provided to us in the course of delivering that service such as transaction details;
- information about the browser and device you are using collected by our cookies. This may include your IP address, device unique identifiers, operating system, browser type and network information;
- information about your location if you have enabled location services on your device;
- sensitive personal data, but only where you have provide your explicit consent for the collection and use of such sensitive personal data.
3. WHY WE COLLECT DATA
We have to tell you the reason for collecting your information – and this is called the legal basis for processing.
- Where you provide information so that we can provide a service such managing your entry for the awards, or if you are a commercial partner at one of our events we process your data under Contract, i.e. we have to collect information from you or your company to fulfil the service you have requested.
- When we want to talk to you about other products and services that are closely related to the way you have interacted with the awards in the past, if we would like you to participate in a survey about our services; to invite you to our events as a guest or as a commercial partner; or contact you about content you have provided then we use Legitimate Interests.
- When we need to disclose your information to a processor or other third party in order to carry out a service you have requested, e.g. sending your event tickets or providing ticket printing, we also use Legitimate Interests.
- For instances where we need you to sign up for a service, e.g. a newsletter, or if we would like to be able to send your information from other organisations to allow them to tell you about their special offers we need your Consent to do this.
We always consider the potential impact on you of the way in which we process your data and we make it as easy as possible for you to opt out of unwanted processing, providing it does not restrict our ability to provide you with the service you have requested.
From time to time we may use some elements of the data you supply to target the messages we send you. For example, we may prompt you to enter a new award category that is similar to one that you have entered in the past.
This is done by our staff and we will always respect and protect any requests you make.
5. HOW LONG DO YOU HOLD ON TO MY INFORMATION?
Because we collect data for lots of different reasons we keep it for different lengths of time. For each individual product and service we look at how long we need the information for and how long you would expect us to keep in touch with you for. For example, we are obliged by legislation to keep details of any financial transactions for seven years.
Once the purpose for which your information was originally collected has expired, we delete it in a secure manner. One exception is that if you ask us not to contact you again we will need to maintain a minimised amount of information on a permanent basis to ensure that we uphold your wishes.
6. USE OF CHILDREN’S DATA
We do not purposefully collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 16 as all of our services are aimed at the business community only.
7. MAKING CHANGES TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your data without undue delay. You may also request copies of your personal information which we hold.
When you make a request, we may ask you for some specific information to help us confirm your identity and ensure you have the right to exercise these rights. We will make it easy and secure for you to share this information with.
You may also request your data in a useable electronic format so that you can use it elsewhere.
To make changes to, or update your personal information, access it or ask us to change the way we contact you please contact our team by email email@example.com or telephone +44 (0)1777 802111
8. WHO WE SHARE DATA WITH
We do not and will not, sell or share your information at any time to anyone else for marketing purposes.
Generally speaking, we don’t share your information with anyone outside of company because your privacy is important to us. If we need to for any reason, we will let you know in advance, unless someone in a legal capacity tells us we can’t.
Any other organisations who access your information in the course of providing services on our behalf, such as ticketing agencies, payment processors will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your information and keep to data protection and privacy laws which apply. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards.
We do, occasionally, need to share data with third party auditing organisations for reporting purposes and for measurement of our compliance with relevant standards. Similarly we are required by law (e.g. to government bodies or law enforcement agencies) to disclose information.
We may use third party advertising networks, social media platforms and search engines to deliver relevant advertising to you and other potential customers.
We may use service providers to help us run this website (or services available on the site), some of which may be based outside the EEA or countries deemed adequate by the EDPB. If this is the case it will only be done with the proper legal protections or permissions being in place.
10. GOOGLE ANALYTICS
We use Google Analytics on our sites for anonymous reporting of site usage. If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics monitoring your behaviour on our sites please use this link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
11. WHO WE ARE
The Event Tech Awards are organised by A.M.P. Events Ltd, a company registered in England with the number 08430479. Our address is A.M.P. Events Limited, 4 Glasby Square, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 6EP. We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s office – our registration number is ZA530644.
Our data protection advise is provided by Data Oversight Ltd, Kings Head House, 15 London End, Beaconsfield HP9 2HN
If you would like to contact A.M.P. Events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, write to 4 Glasby Square, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 6EP or contact us by telephone on +44 (0)1777 802114.
12. YOUR RIGHT TO COMPLAIN
If you are not satisfied with the way we have handled a request regarding your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority – details of which are given below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: +44 303 123 1113
13. CHANGES WE HAVE MADE TO OUR PRIVACY PROMISE
If we make changes to this document we will show you what they are here. If these changes are significant, we may also choose to email relevant individuals with new details. If we are required by law, we will obtain your consent to make these changes.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY BY DATE
- February 23rd 2022 – minor text amends including additional contact details for our company.
SPONSORS AND PARTNERS